Watching Spotify and listening to Netflix in 2023

which is a relatively straightforward proxy for the Content Decryption Module API. The port provides a native FreeBSD CDM implementation (a shared library) that in background transparently launches one or more Linux processes loading Widevine. They communicate through a pair of Unix sockets.
How do you even know where to start with developing stuff like this? o_O

I need to come to terms with my lack of patience for deep technical problem-solving and general lack of intelligence.

Has this bug been fixed or my system is misconfigured ?

Code:
[mario@marietto /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm]==> make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes

===>  Building for foreign-cdm-20231217_3
./build/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnp compile -obuild/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnpc-c++ src/cdm.capnp
make: exec(./build/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnp) failed (No such file or directory)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm/work/foreign-cdm-3fe4d7130bb1e0581b5310635515a120f2794b88
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm

Has this bug been fixed or my system is misconfigured ?

Code:
[mario@marietto /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm]==> make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes

===>  Building for foreign-cdm-20231217_3
./build/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnp compile -obuild/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnpc-c++ src/cdm.capnp
make: exec(./build/capnp-fbsd/c++/src/capnp/capnp) failed (No such file or directory)
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm/work/foreign-cdm-3fe4d7130bb1e0581b5310635515a120f2794b88
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/www/foreign-cdm
Just install via package

normally you try to install from ports, then using git
file a bug report somewhere

find a old website and copy files to a random directory :)

just saying that you tend not to use the easy solution

I had this working at the end of last year and Q1 this year.
For other reasons I had to switch back to quarterly packages instead of latest.
Yesterday I had a lot of packages upgraded due to the Q2 transition.
I installed chromium and foreign-cdm as packages and /www/linux-widevine-cdm from /usr/ports with 'make and make install' as before, but DRM content could not be showed.
Do I need to be on 'latest' again?

TWIMC

I switched to latest again today (finished a long period of informal care which prevented me from tinkering).

Reinstalled some nvidia/nvidia-drm-kmod drivers as packages and compiled /usr/ports/www/linux-widevine-cdm (doas make deinstall, doas make clean, doas make and doas make install).

I am able to watch DRM content again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240420_084216.png
    Screenshot_20240420_084216.png
    892.7 KB · Views: 22
Back