Hi, I've a problem with my ZFS pool on FreeBSD 8.3-RELEASE. The pool is version 15, composed by four disks, two mirror. This was the situation: I had a faulty disk in the second mirror and before I was able to replace it the other one started having problems ("Already active DMA on this device"). I've fixed it disabling DMA (but now I've other errors in dmesg, but that's another problem..). After booting without DMA the system was able to mount the ZFS pool and the data looked ok. I've replaced the originally dead disk and I've started the resilver. This is the situation now: Code: pool: pr0nserv state: DEGRADED status: One or more devices is currently being resilvered. The pool will continue to function, possibly in a degraded state. action: Wait for the resilver to complete. scan: resilver in progress since Mon Apr 30 10:29:09 2012 284G scanned out of 1.18T at 277M/s, 0h56m to go 16.6G resilvered, 23.51% done config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM pr0nserv DEGRADED 0 0 108 mirror-0 ONLINE 0 0 0 ad4 ONLINE 0 0 0 ad6 ONLINE 0 0 0 mirror-1 DEGRADED 0 0 648 replacing-0 DEGRADED 648 0 0 6530854401941125969 OFFLINE 0 0 0 was /dev/ad8/old ad8 ONLINE 0 0 648 (resilvering) ad10 ONLINE 0 0 648 errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files: <metadata>:<0x87> The problem: I have an error on metadata, and I can't get rid of it. The resilver keeps restarting again and again. If I reboot it, resilver again, if I do a # zpool clear pr0nserv or a # zpool clear pr0nserv mirror-1 the resilver restarts again. I've removed two files that were corrupted but I can't "fix" the metadata error. I think that a scrub could fix it but I can't scrub because it will resilver again If someone knows how to fix it, please tell me. I think that a brutal way to fix this could be copy all the files that are in the second mirror, remove it, re-create it and copy the files back but I would avoid this, if possible. Thanks.