Ralink rt2870 wifi support?

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

i hope you can help me... :)

egorenar said:
I checked in a new driver version. Please test it again.

Alex.

Infrastrukture runs and hostap with autochannel, but i can't connect to it... in this time i give it channel the kernel panic happens...

i will try the new driver and give you feedback shortly...

egorenar said:
I checked in a new driver version. Please test it again.

Alex.

Yeah, the driver works without any kernel panic and it seems to be set in the right mode.

Now another problem occurs. i can connect to the hostap by wlan but i always get no connection to the network.

it seems the dhcp does not working correctly. :(

Anderstend said:
Yeah, the driver works without any kernel panic and it seems to be set in the right mode.

Now another problem occurs. i can connect to the hostap by wlan but i always get no connection to the network.

it seems the dhcp does not working correctly. :(

Could you provide me with a tcpdump capture, start capturing on wlan interface BEFORE you connect !!!

Example how to capture:
Code:
# tcpdump -i wlan0 -s0 -y IEEE802_11_RADIO -w capture.pcap

D-link dwa-525

So, is it worth to buy D-LINK DWA-525 for FreeBSD 8.0 router as Access Point or not?

If yes, please writhe short instruction what to do after install FreeBSD 8.0.

current git, freebsd8 on 8.1-PRERELEASE, hostap mode, offers a consistent panic at fault address 0x0 in rt28700 taskq; i'll see about a better backtrace.

Steadily hovering device and a hard hang system

My system FreeBSD 8.0 release
WIFI USB TrendNet TEW-644UB

Code:
Jul 21 13:25:25 home_server kernel: rt28700: could not transmit buffer: qid=0, error=USB_ERR_TIMEOUT
Jul 21 13:25:56 home_server last message repeated 6 times
Jul 21 13:26:01 home_server kernel: rt28700: could not transmit buffer: qid=0, error=USB_ERR_TIMEOUT
Jul 21 15:12:29 home_server kernel: rt28700: could not multi read MAC register: reg=0x1718, error=USB_ERR_TIMEOUT
Jul 21 15:12:32 home_server kernel: rt28700: could not multi read MAC register: reg=0x1718, error=USB_ERR_TIMEOUT
Jul 21 15:12:32 home_server kernel: rt28700: could not transmit buffer: qid=0, error=USB_ERR_TIMEOUT

My system freezes up on shutdown almost every time. It has been happening for a long time but I could rarely get to the debugger screen for some reason. I managed to get 3 images of the screen today when it froze on shutdown. They are all the same screen taken in case parts were unclear. Are these meaningful to you?

http://imgur.com/uS2GP.jpg

http://imgur.com/sLrIL.jpg

http://imgur.com/BcF0f.jpg

I am using this driver by the way.

Thanks

Edit:

Also I found out my system will freeze up by opening a wpa_cli window and typing terminate. I haven't much from you lately Alex. I'm really so grateful for this driver still and I hope you are still active in the development of it. Thanks a lot for all your skills.

Pfsense Install Wifi

Firstly, I am sorry if I am posting the wrong forum. I have a Ralink RT2760 Wireless NIC and would like to use it on Pfsense. I have read a forum : http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=7010 which shows you how to get the driver onto the system however, I cannot run the make command as it is not installed.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I have also contacted pfsense :)

THANKS

The "run" driver now in the base system (in 8.1 release) appears to have similar set of supported hardware. It requires options run and runfw.

running PC-BSD 8.1. Installed drivers. Configured wireless. Now every time I attempt to configure, after entering root password nothing happens. Tried pinging router and there's no connection.

I first installed freebsd but decided it was a little over my head for my first BSD so hopefully I'm not scolded for coming here after switching to PCBSD.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thanks for that information. I actually searched over on the PC BSD forums only to find that a sticky directing people back to the freebsd forums for the ralink 2870 driver.

Some added detail in case anyone is willing to help. The driver actually worked the first time I booted with it installed and I was able to find the wireless networks around me and associate to it. After doing that my X session became unresponsive and I couldn't even drop to a command line. So I reboot and try to access my wireless device but it's unresponsive. I enter root pw and the pw is accepted then nothing happens.

If there's any output I can post that would be useful I will do so.

Thanks

help me with support of rt3090 chipset

Hello,

I have notebook HP G62-B16ER with preinstalled suse 11 operation system.
I installed FreeBSD 8.1 (with last updates), but wifi adapter doesn't work because kernel doesn't support Ralink rt3090 chipset.
I have tried to use ndis driver from Windows xp (32 bit) but it bring to core dump.
If I understand correctly this adapter is not very different from rt2870 and it has open source code for linux.
Can you add support of rt3090 chipset to your driver, please?

Best regards,
Vladimir Shapki

Back