1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Broadcom BCM4321

Discussion in 'System Hardware' started by marco_r, Jun 17, 2012.

1. marco_r

marco_r New Member

Thanks Received:
    I got my hands on a MacBook Air 2009, and I'm trying to see if I'm able to use the internal Wi-Fi card on FreeBSD 9/i386. The output of pciconf -lv is as follows:
    Code:
    none6@pci0:3:0:0:  class=0x028000 card=0x0090106b chip=0x432814e4 rev=0x05 hd=0x00
        vendor     = 'Broadcom corporation'
        device     = 'BCM4321 802.11a/b/g/n'
        class      = network

It seems that BCM4321 isn't supported by bwn, so I tried with ndisulator. I downloaded the drivers provided by Apple, unzipped them and used ndisgen to create a kernel module. I used the files bcmwl6.inf and bcmwl6.sys and obtained bcmwl6_sys.ko. When I load the module on the system console I get a number of messages like
    Code:
    no match for NdisMRegisterInterrputEx
    no match for NdisMIndicateStatusEx
    no match for NdisAllocateMdl
    NDIS dummy called...

And the card doesn't appear as a new network device. Am I doing something wrong or the card is not supported event with ndis? I tried also to obtain a different version of the driver with bcmwl5.sys/inf, but then I don't get even the error messages.

Anyone had some luck with this network card?

2. ForTozs

ForTozs New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried using the bwn driver? That's how I got it somewhat working on mine. You'll need to install the siba and firmware packages too.

3. marco_r

marco_r New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, I tried that, but all I get is the following:
    Code:
    siba_bwn0: <Unknown> mem 0x93100000-0x93103fff irq 17 at device 0.0 on pci3
    siba_bwn0: warn: multiple PCI(E) cores
    siba_bwn0: unsupported coreid (USB 1.1 Host)

So I guess that this means it is unsupported ? (I tried both bwn_v4_ucode and bwn_v4_lp_ucode)

4. ForTozs

ForTozs New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry. I really don't know. I was just throwing that out there. I got a BCM4312 somewhat working on my Dell Mini using the bwn driver. I have no idea what your error message is about though.