printing from gui and lp/lpr not working

Hello!
The printer is "Canon PIXMA G1411" working with 'cups and gutenprint'
In past (22 Dec 2023) i could print some images in FreeBSD (and Linux). but yesterday i tried to print an image from gui ,lp/lpr and lpr-cups commands without result (the power light was blinking).
After that i tried OpenOffice programs for printing and printer printed the pages.

Which version of FreeBSD, exactly?

Packages of ports from quarterly, or latest?

freebsd-version -kru ; uname -aKU

pkg -vv | grep -e url -e enabled -e priority

… In past (22 Dec 2023) …

Was the version of FreeBSD significantly different at the time?

Once or twice in the past, I found it necessary to reinstall something print-related. (So long ago that I can't recall the details, sorry.)

14.0-RELEASE

Code:
%  freebsd-version -kru ; uname -aKU
14.0-RELEASE-p3
14.0-RELEASE-p3
14.0-RELEASE-p4
FreeBSD genesis 14.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p3 #0: Mon Dec 11 04:56:01 UTC 2023     root@amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC amd64 1400097 1400097

Packages of ports from quarterly, or latest?

quarterly branch

Was the version of FreeBSD significantly different at the time?

I installed 14.0 few days after release.

but with OpenOffice programs working.
I'll try reinstall the print-related packages

reinstalling all packages in print category didn't fix the gui dialog! but i can use lpr-cups now.

Is that a bug?

I'm not sure exactly what libreoffice does to things, but on another forum, someone suggested that it simply makes images of all files--for example, turns a docx file into an image, then it's easily printed, and that's one reason that say, lpr myfile.docx won't print, but it will if you (still on command line) run libreoffice -p <printer-name>. I've found that with docx files, at least, I can only print them that way, rather than lp or lpr myfile.docx. Maybe it turns images into postscript files? Whatever the reason, I've often found libreoffice to print when other things can't. I remember wayyyyyyyy back, the only way I could print Japanese documents or text was by using, at the time, openoffice. That hasn't been the case for years, but back then, it was much harder to get Japanese working in Linux or the BSDs.

Back