Percona server with XtraDB 5.1

What happened to this port? You will update to the current version? I will try your port.

Thanks for your efforts!

Ben said:
What happened to this port? You will update to the current version? I will try your port.

Thanks for your efforts!
The port installs the stable version of PerconaDB Server (extended MySQL). This port is considering dependencies for configuration of this server. Also it contains a pseudo-graphical menu for selecting configuration options. I included the optimal options as default. An rc script, a script for installing the default DB (mysql_install_db) and default config files are installed at the post-install stage. These files are located in the ${FILESDIR} directory.

I will update this port to stable versions, which will be working on FreeBSD.

PS, I corrected a few errors in the Makefile.

I created a new port called percona55-server (following mysql55-server). Works just fine but I did not commit it yet.

It installs Percona-Server-5.5.21-rel25.

I asked Percona if they will release the source code of XtraBackup 2.0 as well, but this is another topic.

Thank you. I will commit here new info about this. You may upload your port version here?

I will review it and polish the Makefile and then commit it. But I am not a very good port creator so there might be quite a few things not perfect. I just tried to "copy" the mysql55-server port.

If you are interested I can upload it here but I dont want the forum to be used for port distribution ;)

Back