1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. thommys

thommys New Member

Where are the kde4 packages? Can't find them. I have tried to build kde 4.7.3 from the ports, but it doesn't work.

Code:
    cd /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs4/work/kdelibs-4.7.3/build/nepomuk/test && /usr/local/bin/automoc4 /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs4/work/kdelibs-
    4.7.3/build/nepomuk/test/nepomuk_testbase_automoc.cpp /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs4/work/kdelibs-4.7.3/nepomuk/test 
    /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs4/work/kdelibs-4.7.3/build/nepomuk/test /usr/local/bin/moc-qt4 /usr/local/bin/cmake
    Generating daterangeselectionwidget.moc
    Generating typefacet.moc
    Generating facetfiltermodel.moc
    Generating dynamicresourcefacet.moc
    Generating proxyfacet.moc
    Generating facetwidget.moc
    Generating facetmodel.moc
    Generating simplefacet.moc
    Generating resourcemodel.moc
    Generating searchwidget.moc
    Generating facet.moc
    Generating datefacet.moc
    Generating searchlineedit.moc
    Generating simpleresourcemodel.moc
    /usr/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs4/work/kdelibs-4.7.3/build/CMakeFiles
    [  1%] Built target nepomukutils_automoc

portupgrade kdelibs4 hangs here.

2. thommys

thommys New Member

No answer?
    Ok. Have to go back to Slackware.

3. jrm

jrm Member

Have you updated your ports tree recently? That might fix the build issue. If not, you can contact the port maintainer. http://freebsd.kde.org might be helpful for you. For the packages, set the environment variable PACKAGESITE to "ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/Latest/". Updating accordingly for the version of FreeBSD you are running.

4. xibo

xibo New Member

It seems to be a bug of either automoc or gcc, that gets triggered currently and can be avoided by building automoc with a newer gcc version (ie ports gcc instead of base one). AFAIK, it's not fixed yet.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=276461

5. bbzz

bbzz New Member

See ya.

For the record, I compiled yesterday just fine.

6. SNK

SNK Member

The packages disappeared a few weeks ago from the mirrors. I though they would be back by now. Normally the building cluster and mirrors will have the latest version from the ports ready within ten days.

7. Kringel

Kringel New Member

I had the same problems building kde4. My "workaround" was to stop the build with CTRL-C and restart portmaster. The next time it finished some more packages. It did hang on random points (yes, always automoc for me too). So with some patience and manual interaction it was possible for me to get through the kde4 build. I know... no real solution.

The KDE4-Build-Tools where build on the 8.2 release. After it hang the first time i updated to 8-STABLE without any changes (still hangs on automoc). But maybe I should try to rebuild the automoc tool with the 8.2-STABLE compiler.

8. Kringel

Kringel New Member

I rebuilded automoc with 8-STABLE and still have the hangs on automoc buildsteps. So an up-to-date compiler does not help. :(

9. achix

achix New Member

10. Pricetx

Pricetx New Member

I was just installing FreeBSD Current in VirtualBox when I also discovered that there isn't a package currently available for KDE4.

Where would be the best place to check to hear any more information on this and/or when it will be back in the package selection?

11. Pricetx

Pricetx New Member

Previous to my previous message.

After re-reading the thread I have realised that the issues here are to do with compiling KDE4 from the ports tree, and specifically issues with automoc, and my issue is possibly linked, but slightly off-topic too, and for this, I apologise.

However, my point still stands that, at least with FreeBSD current, the KDE4 package is missing. from the LATEST list on ftp servers.

12. SNK

SNK Member