METIN-2 / METIN2 and other illegal software- don't ask for assistance on these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
READ THIS POST FIRST - METIN-2 / METIN2 and other illegal software- don't ask for assistance on these forums. Threads will be closed, posters will be banned.

1. Factfinding: The server files are indeed leaked, so we're basically talking about an illegal copy of licensed software. The fact that there are hundreds of other servers out there is not particularly relevant here. You are here, asking this question. So I have to deal with you and your question. I can't take the whole world of illegal Metin2 installations and how unfair it is that you are singled out into account.
  2. Precedent: Anyone doing a search on either this forum, or on Google, will immediately see a search result with the title: "Sticky: METIN-2 / METIN2 and other illegal software- don't ask for assistance on these forums." There are no two ways about it: we don't want Metin(2) topics on this forum, other topics dealing with Metin(2) have all been closed, and it's standing policy. Anyone opening a topic that is, or turns out to be, about Metin(2) can know this.
  3. Legal entity: I have to take into account that "FreeBSD" is a legal entity. Anyone running illegal/leaked software or applications or services of, let's say, 'dubious origin' can hide behind all types of redirects, firewalls, DNS tricks, etcetera. FreeBSD, the Forums, the Foundation, the people running and modding these forums, cannot. We cannot run the risk of having a public forum containing tips and tricks to run obviously illegal software. It's a liability we cannot accept.
  4. Technical: Straight and simple: FreeBSD 7.2 is End-Of-Life, and has been since June 30, 2010. The logical and proper reply to any technical issue dealing with FreeBSD 7.2 is: "Upgrade to a more recent version of FreeBSD first". Since this is obviously not possible because Metin2 relies on FreeBSD 7.2 libraries, binaries, etcetera, we would be forced to go against FreeBSD's own policy, which is: upgrade when your current FreeBSD version reaches end-of-life, because we will not support it any longer, not even for security fixes. Dedicating forum space to technical advice concerning an outdated version of FreeBSD is not in the interest of FreeBSD's development and its users at large.

NOTE: this topic is just a worthless trash can of various threads about installing/running METIN2 (illegally) on FreeBSD. - Mod.

----------------------------------------------------------
Hello, how I can do a downgrade from FreeBSD 8.1 to 7.x?

You can't.
If you want to go from 8.x to 7.x you have to scratch your installation and do a fresh install of 7.

Is that a true statement as pertains to a major release? Could it be possible to [CMD=""]csup[/CMD] sources from say 7.3 down to 7.1 and rebuild world successfully?

qsecofr said:
Is that a true statement as pertains to a major release? Could it be possible to [CMD=""]csup[/CMD] sources from say 7.3 down to 7.1 and rebuild world successfully?

I have never done this but see no reason why it wouldn't work.

I don't see a reason why someone would want to downgrade to a lower minor release of the same major version, but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work, either. The OS that is. Ports and other third-party software will probably all break and need to be rebuilt completely after a downgrade, and mergemaster might eventually not work, either ( if it works by comparing revision numbers, that is, I never looked into it ;) ).

I can't check right now but I think the build process uses the headers in the repository tree rather then in the default include paths, and also links against the just-built-libraries rather than the ones in the rtld search path, so you should in theory also be able to change the major version (downwards).

Since "the new kernel can execute the old userland", but not necessarily can the new userland be executed by the old kernel; so you'll have to drop to single user mode and installworld first, THEN installkernel and reboot, I guess. Never did that so far either ...

My recommendation would be to checkout RELEASE_7_3 or STABLE_7 and buildworld/installworld it into a somewhere else, chroot and check whether you can execute things first before trying to installworld on the real system.

perhaps an upgrade from a release minor version to a newer minor version introduced problems. In my case I went from 7.2 to 7.3 but encountered kernel panics (the likes of which have been described in these posts by others), which memtest86+ was unable to diagnose. That's a separate issue, and I don't want to hijack this post.

But I would like to know that I could undo a source upgrade from a major/minor version before I attempt the upgrade. Just in case. For me reverting back to version 7.2 fixed all panics. If I decided to skip 7.3 and jump right to 8.1, I'd really like to be able to fall back to 7.2 should 8.1 not work for me.

OP did not state which method of upgrade is in use: csup or freebsd-upgrade. That may help. Also knowing why OP wants to downgrade may help too.

My server don't work on 8.x only at 7.x. On 8.x I got something like this "prot_exec prot_write failed"

Downgrading works fine, contrary to posted opinions here. It's the exact same as upgrading from source, just choose the correct branch.

However it's probably makes a lot more sense simply fix your issue.

xibo said:
... mergemaster might eventually not work, either ( if it works by comparing revision numbers, that is, I never looked into it ;) ).

I have a sneaking feeling that direct path to the downgraded mergemaster (i.e. /usr/src/usr.sbin/mergemaster/mergermaster.sh) would deal with it also just as a point release.

I may be a bit naive about it but I always thought that's what the testing (i.e. FreeBSD current 9) users did when they were done bug smashing is to downgrade to release engineering after.

Yes, it is possible that it will work, but very few people have tested it. It may fail, so make backups before you try.

However, as Galactic_Dominator mentioned, it would probably be better to just fix the issue.

There are many simpler alternatives for testing, particularly when using ZFS. Downgrading is possible but programs built against higher versions may fail. The libraries will frequently have missing or different functions. The lower version will not have a compat for the higher.

The easiest path to downgrading is to backup, install, and restore.

You want to illegally run Metin2 on your server. This forum is not about helping people doing illegal things.

*closed*

Error mysql 5.0.92 on FreeBSD 7.1

[ separate thread merged in - metin2 topics not allowed ]
Hello guys.
I have an dedicated server with FreeBSD 7.2 32bit and i want to install metin2 on it.

I write these commands :

cd /
cd /usr
fetch adress...
cd /usr
tar -xf name.tar.gz
portsnap fetch extract

And the next :
cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql50-server/
make WITH_XCHARSET=all install clean

Then this command occured "Error 1" - make deinstall and make reinstall to resolv this (something like that).
I try with

make WITH_XCHARSET=all deinstall clean
make WITH_XCHARSET=all reinstall clean

And everything appears ok :

ee /etc/rc.conf
and i write in this file mysql_enable=”YES”
I saved the file and i make : reboot now

The next part of tutorial is :

mysqladmin –u root password new password
mysql -u root –p
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO root@"%"
IDENTIFIED BY 'PSW' WITH GRANT OPTION;
flush privileges;
quit
reboot now ; but when i try the first command (mysqladmin –u root password new password)
a new error appears : mysql error

Help me please !

Can't Install With FreeBSD 7.4

[ separate thread merged in - metin2 topics not allowed ]

Hi, I have a problem with FreeBSD 7.4.

I try these libs for version 7.4 :

Code:
    * libc.so.5
    * libc_r.so.5
    * libm.so.2
    * libstdc + +. so.4
    * libz.so.2

I have these libs for version 7.2.

Thank You.

Slash93 said:
Hi, I have a problem with freebsd 7.4.

I try these libs for version 7.4 :
* libc.so.5
* libc_r.so.5
* libm.so.2
* libstdc + +. so.4
* libz.so.2
I have these libs for version 7.2

Thank You.
immaginecuy.jpg

Yeah, that helps :OO

We still have no clue what you are trying to do!

start.sh does not start the file which in turn starts other file. This is a problem of LIBS and those listed above.

I've never felt so lost since I saw Grease.

What is /usr/game? It does not exist in a FreeBSD base system (there is /usr/games, but that contains other directories, not files). Are you just installing random stuff in random places? No wonder it can't find libraries. The PROT_EXEC|PROT_WRITE failure looks even more out of place.

What are you trying to run, and why from such a wrong spot?

/usr/game is a directory created by me.

The problem is that the libraries mentioned above are for FreeBSD 7.2 and I have 7.4.

When you don't explain what you actually want to do, I suspect that you are trying to get an illegal stolen version of the Metin2 server binary. If it is so, then be sure that it's a criminal act. Explain fully what you want to do or I will send a notice about you to Gameforge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back