1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installation through port question

Discussion in 'Installation and Maintenance of Ports or Packages' started by alfchung, Jun 23, 2011.

1. alfchung

alfchung New Member

Hi,

I am new to FreeBSD and like the port installation a lot. However, I encounter a problem. For example, I would like to install git, then I cd to /usr/ports/devel/git

$ make install clean

Some times it shows a text UI to let you select what other package you want to select. I guess this is like $./configure. I guess I selected something wrong.

It warns:
    Code:
    mod_dav_svn and static build are not compatible!
    Em, I try make clean, and make install clean again, something.

It there any way to reset the port to its original state, so that I can select the correct option?

2. wblock@

wblock@ Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Developer

See ports(7), particularly the config and rmconfig targets.

3. alfchung

alfchung New Member

Thanks, I tried sudo make rmconfig and it seems it cleaned up the previous setting. Thanks a lot for you help.

Sometimes those options are frustrating. It didn't prevent you selecting mutually exclusive options. But FreeBSD ports still rock over all.

4. troberts

troberts New Member

There are many times when a port installs another port and that port will have a screen that pops up asking for input so if you want to walk away while things are getting compiled you will want to use the recursive version of the command:

# make config-recursive

By default, these screens save the config options in /var/db/ports/<port name>/options so if you want to see what options are set or if you want to change any then this is where you will go.