1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to rebuild port and all dependencies?

Discussion in 'Installation and Maintenance of Ports or Packages' started by graudeejs, Nov 1, 2009.

1. graudeejs

graudeejs Member

How to rebuild port and ALL (even if they are up to date) dependencies?
    I've no idea.
    Please help.

2. gilinko

gilinko New Member

portmaster -r [name of port]

I'm guessing that the man pages for portupgrade has some more detailed information for it's switches

3. DutchDaemon

DutchDaemon Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Ports it depends on, or ports that depend on it?

portmaster and portupgrade both have -f flags, and -r and -R usually define upstream or downstream dependencies to include. Though they're very different between portmaster and portupgrade.

portupgrade(1), portmaster(8).

IIRC:

rebuild a port and ports it depends on = portupgrade -Rf <portglob> / portmaster -f <portglob>

rebuild a port and ports depending on it: portupgrade -rf <portglob> / portmaster -rf <portglob>

4. graudeejs

graudeejs Member

seams $ portmaster -fR multimedia/mplayer did the trick.

Thanks....
    I've read throught man page, but somehow didn't understand it clearly until your reply

5. Zare

Zare New Member

Can portmaster rebuild all ports with their saved configurations? I mean, when i did system-wide upgrade it always popped out blue dialogs for port configuration.

6. DutchDaemon

DutchDaemon Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

As far as I know, a rebuild will only prompt for configuration options when either --force-config is specified or when there are changed options which require a selection to be performed. There's also the -G flag though.

7. graudeejs

graudeejs Member

I just finished rebuilding mplayer (and all it's dependencies)

portmaster never asked me to configure any of ports (since i've done this earlier)