Solved graphics/libfreehand00 and print/libmspub not updating correctly

Hello!

Alright, today's issue isn't serious, and I feel like the solution will be pretty simple, but I'm not quite sure how to fix it: I keep seeing graphics/libfreehand00 and print/libmspub coming back for updates. Even though I reinstall them, portmaster insists they're out of date. Looking with this command: portmaster -L | egrep -B1 '(ew|ort) version|Aborting|installed|dependencies|IGNORE|marked|Reason:|MOVED|deleted|exist|update' | grep -v '^--' it shows that they've been moved to graphics/libfreehand and print/libmspub01 respectively. However, UPDATING doesn't mention how to deal with it. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to fix it?

Ah, thanks! I didn't know portmaster -o fixed this problem. Something I'll keep in my mind for the future! :beer: (not quite as good as the old beergrin, sadly)

I'm seeing this also, and I don't understand why -o would help. Which port should be used as the origin?

I'm seeing this also, and I don't understand why -o would help. Which port should be used as the origin?

Both ports mentioned above have been moved. They are both listed in /usr/ports/MOVED. The origin port would be the new port the installed port is moved to. So for instance graphics/linfreehand00 has now been updated and moved to graphics/libfreehand. I used # portmaster -o graphics/libfreehand libfreehand00. From my understanding, this is how portmaster works with the -o flag. I've done it this way for four ports that have been moved that caused similar errors while updating with portmaster in the past and have had no problems. It is of course possible I'm just getting lucky in spite of using said command incorrectly.

Hm. Okay, portmaster reports
Code:
   ===>>> The graphics/libcdr port moved to graphics/libcdr01
   ===>>> Reason: Replaced by newer version

===>>> The graphics/libfreehand00 port moved to graphics/libfreehand

===>>> The print/libmspub port moved to print/libmspub01

Because the newer versions had already been installed, I just deleted the old versions:
pkg delete libcdr-0.0.16_2 libfreehand00 libmspub-0.0.6_3

It looks like I made things more complicated than they needed to be. :( I always look at /usr/ports/UPDATING and /usr/ports/MOVED before updating all ports though. Is this an instance where there really should have been an entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING?

Back