Dota 2

Multiplayer works, but the rule is enter at your own risk. Since valve supports things like wine anyway, you should never have problems with VAC.

As long as you are a good user everything should be ok.

Hello guys. How is the state of Dota2 now a days? What method of installing steam is the best one to play Dota2?
I have a Void Linux installation that I use to play some steam games. But Dota support for linux is not good. For the last 5 or more years every patch update released by Valve breaks dota for a bunch of people. This last patch I was in that group.
I would like to know how is dota on FBSD if I install steam via wine.

Currently, I use Mizuma to install steam with wine-proton to launch Dota2.
This allow me to play in multiplayer mode (note that security.bsd.unprivileged_proc_debug must be enabled, else vac complain).

Using linux-steam allow me to launch Dota2, but for some reason vac is not very happy. So I guess one would need to investigate what feature is needed by vac.

Currently, I use Mizuma to install steam with wine-proton to launch Dota2.
This allow me to play in multiplayer mode (note that security.bsd.unprivileged_proc_debug must be enabled, else vac complain).

Using linux-steam allow me to launch Dota2, but for some reason vac is not very happy. So I guess one would need to investigate what feature is needed by vac.
13.3 or 14.0?

Back