Solved Dell Wyze 5060 - Wrong resolution/ratio after loading amdgpu

Hi !
I keep setting up FreeBSD on my devices, and here comes one of my Dell Wyze 5060 (I have 3 of these thin clients with Windows 10 Pro LTSB). I want to use it as a basic TV adapter (to watch VLC and Firefox streams ; I have one running this way but on Windows 10), and I'm using a DisplayPort to HDMI cable to connect it on a TV, which works fine on the 2 others 5060 I own (the unit only has 2 DP connectors).

Everything works fine in FreeBSD and I have a display while in console mode, however I have a problem when I run kldload amdgpu : my TV goes on unsupported mode. Tested on another TV, same thing. Tested on 2 "real" computer monitors, I have mixed results :
* One monitor (most of the time, but not always) won't set correctly top and bottom of the screen (it's hidden), meaning I can't even see the command I'm typing.
* The other monitor looks to take it correctly, top and bottom of the screen are fine.
* Both of the monitors display a 4:3 ratio, and not 16:9.
* I have to use the DisplayPort 2, as DisplayPort 1 will output a console mode that's unsupported on my TVs, and run into a general "no signal" (TV or monitor) when I run amdgpu.

Hardware/Software details :
* AMD GX-424CC with Radeon R5E (pciconf : AMD/ATI Mullins [Radeon R4/R5 Graphics]
* FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE-p3 GENERIC (UEFI mode).

Verbose after loading amdgpu (drmn0 succesfully loads firmware) :
* Connector 0 : DP-1 / HPD1 , encoder : INTERNAL_UNIFY
* Connector 1 : DP-2 / HPD2 , encoder : INTERNAL_UNIFY
* FB_INFO : type=11 height=768 width=1024 (sometimes 1280x720) depth=32 pbase=0xc0bd5000 vbase= 0xfffff800c0bd5000 name=drmn0 flags=0x0 stride=4096 bpp=32

Any idea ?
As usual, thank you !

[...] I'm using a DisplayPort to HDMI cable to connect it on a TV, which works fine on the 2 others 5060 I own (the unit only has 2 DP connectors).

[...] Tested on 2 "real" computer monitors, I have mixed results :
* One monitor (most of the time, but not always) won't set correctly top and bottom of the screen (it's hidden), meaning I can't even see the command I'm typing.
* The other monitor looks to take it correctly, top and bottom of the screen are fine.
* Both of the monitors display a 4:3 ratio, and not 16:9.
* I have to use the DisplayPort 2, as DisplayPort 1 will output a console mode that's unsupported on my TVs, and run into a general "no signal" (TV or monitor) when I run amdgpu.
  • I don't know what the influence is of the DP <-> HDMI converter; may have influenced the correct display ratio.
  • Try beginning with a setup that works, at least mostly: take "The other monitor looks to take it correctly, top and bottom of the screen are fine."
    edit: if you happen to have a monitor with a Display Port, use that one.
  • Use the first DP connection DisplayPort 1 first and only connect it to the "best" computer monitor
  • During all this testing do not use a Display Manager (SDDM, SLiM, whatever) as your graphical login manager; if present comment that out in /etc/rc.conf
  • Start X manually with startx

Please provide the following information:
- output of sysrc -v kld_list
- output of pkg info | grep drm
- all "your own" *.conf files for X; these should all be in /usr/local/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

Hi thanks for helping !
I think I solved it : that's the cable which is not fully VESA compliant, this leading to strange results... I used another cable and it looks stable when I run the driver. Weird thing is that I already tested with this cable and it also wasn't working before...
To answer you :
Erichans : I did think that the cable could be a problem, but not sure as it didn't work either with my other cable...which is working now. I haven't setup anything yet about Xorg (not even installed) and I just set the acpi_video in kld_list (I removed amdgpu since I couldn't boot correctly). And I was forced to use DP/HDMI cable as I don't have a DP cable...!
tingo : I tested both amdgpu and radeonkms, but it was the same results.

Now I can continue to play on my device ! Thanks again for helping, I'll reopen if I see there's the problem again...!

Back