1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't install XBMC

Discussion in 'Installation and Maintenance of Ports or Packages' started by chessmaster, Oct 9, 2013.

1. chessmaster

chessmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Code:
    ===>  Checking if multimedia/xbmc already installed
    pkg_add: can't stat package file '/usr/ports/multimedia/xbmc/work/xbmc-12.2_1.tbz'
    *** [install-package] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/xbmc.
    *** [install] Error code 1

I can't install the port. This is done in ports not when I'm trying to install the package which is not the 12.2_1 revision.

2. jb_fvwm2

jb_fvwm2 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    pkg_add -f works?

3. chessmaster

chessmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Works Yes! But does it work with make install clean? No. So, I'm unable to install the port for some odd reason. Which is the result of the error message when I attempt to do this.

4. chessmaster

chessmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    make install clean

Still getting this nasty error.

5. SirDice

SirDice Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Try updating your ports tree again. There's some work going on that affects all ports and you may just have hit a snag.

6. chessmaster

chessmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    The make command builds XBMC but it will not install? What may be the reason that will prevent this from installing? This help solved some other problems I had with other broken ports but, my only sole problem is this one right now: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=40409.

7. SirDice

Thanks Received:
    They're working on staging so a regular user will be able to build a port. The order of things seems to have changed too. In the past a package wasn't created prior to installation. You could only create a package after the install was done. Not all ports have been updated and some still require a bit of work.

8. chessmaster

chessmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I shouldn't deinstall this x(. I started having these problems about two days ago after removing it. Is it safe to report this as a PR?

9. SirDice

Thanks Received:
    I'd give it a few more days. But if it still refuses to build I'd report it.

You can keep an eye on any changes here: http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/multimedia/xbmc/Makefile?view=log

You can also try to edit the Makefile, if you look at the differences of the previous version. As far as I can see you only need to add back NO_STAGE and modify the post-install: a bit.

10. chessmaster

chessmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the suggestion. Editing the Makefile and changing the diffs successfully installed the port.

11. chessmaster

chessmaster New Member

Thanks Received:
    This port doesn't compile with non-free. That is why it doesn't compile. But with it disabled it's properly installed.