amdgpu driver with AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 (vega10) Segmentation Fault on GLX

Hello!

The amdgpu driver crashes with a segmentation fault on X.Org something like (address is correct) "Segmentation Fault on 0x2" (I'm not posting log, there was NOTHING usefull, and i dont want to restart X, but if you do think, i should, will do it.)
The wayland (sway) crashes with "amdgpu_cs_ctx_create2 failed. (-13)" (also nothing special in log)

I think I installed drivers correctly, everything else working.

Right now I am on X, with GLX disabled... This is very bad, because some apps I use (WINE for example) don't work now.

I am on FreeBSD 14.0-RELEASE

(and off-topic questions, but it doesnt need a new thread, if you dont care, you dont need to answer)
1. How do I use the different user on the steam-utils, do i restart X into different user and use completely different environment for Games? That would be crap.
2. Where do I install discord from? (Discord over browser can't push-to-talk, so not over browser) is there something like AUR?

Bumping because i really need help with this... It's breaking a LOT of applications.
If i should mail the devs about this, someone tell me, i'm not very familliar with this...

Hi,

I have the same graphic card, I don't have any problem with it BUT:
1) I do not use sway, i3wm working with X11 is well enough for me right now.
2) I do not play games on FreeBSD, I have Windows installed on another disk for this task and to me it's fine like this.
3) I do not use wine.
4) I am still on FreeBSD 13.2, I didn't switch to 14 yet.

To summarize basics stuff (virtualization, media audio/video, browsing internet, etc ...) work great, the rest I can't tell, some say Wayland works under FreeBSD though there are threads about it in the forums, but I can't help you with that I didn't try it yet.

hmm, maybe 13.2 works better, i am also on i3wm, i'd use it anyway, but just wanted to test sway if it'd work.
BUT, there's hope, people are updating the kmod drivers to linux 6.6 from 5.15, so there is BIG update coming, I hope it fixes it, but in the meantime, well, i cant really do much...
I hope work on the update is still beeing done, because it was opened 2 weeks ago, and on the github looks like nothing has happened since.

(and off-topic questions, but it doesnt need a new thread, if you dont care, you dont need to answer)
1. How do I use the different user on the steam-utils, do i restart X into different user and use completely different environment for Games? That would be crap.
On Xorg you can simply do that :
Code:
#!/usr/bin/env fish
xhost +si:localuser:steam
cd /home/steam
doas -u steam fish
xhost -si:localuser:steam
so you execute this scripts that gives a shell as the steam user and allow the steam user to access to the current user Xorg server.
Then you can launch steam.

Back