AMD RYZEN 7000 SERIES SUPPORT

Could be that I used the wrong USB image. I just picked it up off a desk.

CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 7600 - Ryzen 5 7000 Series 6-Core 3.8 GHz Socket AM5 65W AMD Radeon Graphics Processor - 100-100001015

I am able to view the BIOS logo and I see the red ball thing with two horns on the BSD menu. Looks pretty hi-res to me. If you want me to run a test let me know.

freebsd-version shows 14.0-RELEASE for me.

memstick.img is what I use for USB stick, according to the handbook dvd1.iso and disc1.iso these are for optical media ( I do use them for VM).

Some ideas:
Check if you did not forget to disable the secure boot.
Turn off/on virtualization, or hyper-threading just to see if it is not a blocking point.
Check if there is any available bios update.

Hi gotnull! I think I am doing very well now. I've been installing stuff and everything is working now except for uart and ppc which I don't need. At least for now. I was able to update to the latest patch and everything. I'll know for sure I'm ok tomorrow once I get all the jails running.

The only question is for astyle, he said he didn't have integrated graphics. I think i am ok since I see graphics through startup and my cpu has integrated graphics on it. I don't know what cpu astyle has, perhaps that's his issue? i don't know

I would be happy to post bugs for uart and ppc if someone thinks I should.

The only question is for astyle, he said he didn't have integrated graphics. I think i am ok since I see graphics through startup and my cpu has integrated graphics on it. I don't know what cpu astyle has, perhaps that's his issue? i don't know
See my post (#8 in this thread). My issue is that I can't run Xorg due to lack of Raphael drivers under FreeBSD. Seeing startup text is not the same thing as being able to run Xorg.

See my post (#8 in this thread). My issue is that I can't run Xorg due to lack of Raphael drivers under FreeBSD. Seeing startup text is not the same thing as being able to run Xorg.
You should be able to use the SCFB driver for Xorg. That of course is not as fast as a DRM driver and does not support Wayland, but for Xorg and my requirements it works fine and perfectly stable e.g. on a Framework AMD Ryzen notebook.

(See SCFB chapter in https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/x11/#x-graphic-card-drivers)

Back