freebsd analog for linux's modprobe with parameter?

Hello guys

I know that in freebsd I could load kernel modules with kldload (and that is modprobe in linux), but is there any analog for this:

Code:
modprobe wctdm opermode=BULGARIA

??

10x in advance

10x but it didnt work
i added to device.hints
Code:
hint.wctdm24xxp.0.opermod="BULGARIA"
hint.wctdm.0.opermod="BULGARIA"

but when i do kldload /usr/local/lib/zaptel/wctdm24xxp.ko this hint doesnt matter :((

also in the sysctl values for wctdm24xxp there is no opermod variable

here are some sysctl -a grep wctdm
Code:
dev.wctdm24xxp.0.%driver: wctdm24xxp
dev.wctdm24xxp.0.%location: slot=12 function=0
dev.wctdm24xxp.0.%pnpinfo: vendor=0xd161 device=0x8005 subvendor=0xd161 subdevice=0x8005 class=0x020000
dev.wctdm24xxp.0.%parent: pci0

Where does this driver come from? I can't find anywhere in the base or the ports.

edhunter said:
this is from ports - /usr/ports/misc/zaptel
drivers for digium voip cards

Did you read the package message upon finishing the install?

Code:
% cat /usr/ports/misc/zaptel/files/pkg-message.in

IMPORTANT! MAKE SURE TO READ THE FOLLOWING!

To use the driver set zaptel_enable="YES" in your rc.conf.

To load the driver run (as root):

# %%PREFIX%%/etc/rc.d/zaptel start

To unload it:

# %%PREFIX%%/etc/rc.d/zaptel stop

It'll also load the driver automatically when the system is started.

So just follow the instructions and add [cmd=]zaptel_enable="YES"[/cmd] to /etc/rc.conf.

tangram, i can load the driver ... thats no problem. And yes i know where handbook is...

This driver is ported from linux. My problem is that it needs some parameters that can be set on linux but not on freebsd.

What about /usr/local/etc/zaptel.conf.sample? Just copy it as
Code:
cp /usr/local/etc/zaptel.conf.sample /usr/local/etc/zaptel.conf
Now edit the file and see if you can pass those parameters including country name.

edhunter said:
tangram, i can load the driver ... thats no problem. And yes i know where handbook is...

This driver is ported from linux. My problem is that it needs some parameters that can be set on linux but not on freebsd.

I misunderstood and apologize for that.

That said have a look zaptel.conf.sample, copy it over as zaptel.conf and edit it (probably in Tone Zone Data section).

Maybe you need to put such flags into /boot/loader.conf and also load kernel module from /boot/loader.conf if driver/module only allows to accept such values only during initialization - if there is no something like hard reset ....

Back