alternative to nxserver for amd64?

the title says it all.

is there an alternative to nxserver for amd64 I really don't need x long but i do need it for about 5 minutes. I'm trying to set up azureus headless but it's a major pain the configure the settings even with the console-ui mode. I normally use nxserver and something like fluxbox but that's not an option apparently.

thanks for any help

(this is the second thing today i needed to run and couldn't on amd64....wine was the first, real bummer.)

fellowshiping in frustration

wonslung said:
(this is the second thing today i needed to run and couldn't on amd64....wine was the first, real bummer.)

ditto! I'm planning to devote some time looking into NeatX

I don't know I'll have any success but hopefully!
I really don't want to go back down the VNC route if I don't have to, NX is so much nicer.

I've seriously debated downing to the i386 (this is a fresh install so it would be no-loss) but I feel that I should use my 64-bit processor for all it's made for...

my apologies. I almost had it working (or so I think) when I had other computer problems which took precedence over fixing nx.

What I did was compiled it under i386 in a chroot environment copied all the required libs required into a lib32 directory. Ensuring that nx was pointing to the lib32 directories was where I was when I had to stop. My theory (thought it was a hack) was that it would work... no guarantees though.
I've got to rebuild this machine once I get it rebuilt then I can pick back up where I left off.

Back