Which operating system runs on your mobile phone?

Which operating system runs on your mobile phone?

• Other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • If you voted "other", please elaborate below.
  • Otherwise, please keep any discussions centralised in [thread=42579]this thread[/thread] instead.
Thank you.

Windows Phone 8 here! My previous few phones were Androids, but I sort of got bored of it and wanted to try something different.

My mobile phone can be used for calling someone and text messages - that's it. Call me luddite, but a phone is a phone.

Horse is a horse, of course, of course

Crivens said:
My mobile phone can be used for calling someone and text messages - that's it. Call me luddite, but a phone is a phone.

I tend to agree. I had an old Nokia with Symbian. Even wrote a couple really simple apps for it. Back in the day, Nokia was very developer friendly, and gave away all kinds of stuff for personal/in-house development, trial software, etc. Don't know if they are still that way. Haven't been to their site since they gave QT away.

Anyway, some people say there's a convergence going on, with some form factor between a tablet and a phone winning in the end. Could be, but I think most people want to carry the tiniest thing they can for using a phone as a phone, horse of course. So yes, currently one either has to be very young so as to read the teeny teeny print, or carry another device for computing (a tablet). I think what really happens is that phones become equipped with heads-down eyewear projection systems like google glass, or projection that goes onto whatever (the sidewalk?) Until that happens, a horse is a horse.

PS Just remembered ... these days Nokiaphone=Microsoft. Wonder what they'll do with it?

Back