FreeBSD source code

Hello friends.

I'm wondering if there is a link to download a whole source code of freebsd FreeBSD (I mean not file by file but a link to a tar.gz file that contains the whole source ).

Thanks in advance.

pick your local FreeBSD mirror/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/9.0-RELEASE/src.txz

Note, someone screwed up this release, that's why there's amd64/amd64 instead of single amd64

I think that the source for previous releases (example 8.3 or 7.4) is not available.

bsaidus said:
Downloading in txz source code for FreeBSD-8.3 i386

You can get the appropriate ISO image from your closest FTP site (at path /pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/8.3/FreeBSD-8.3-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso) and extract requested parts of sources (or all of them) from /8.3_RELEASE/SRC with included install.sh script.

ondra_knezour said:
You can get the appropriate ISO image from your closest FTP site (at path /pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/8.3/FreeBSD-8.3-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso) and extract requested parts of sources (or all of them) from /8.3_RELEASE/SRC with included install.sh script.

Ok, I understand. But what if I want to extract all the source on a windows machine?

Use WinZIP or WinRAR to extract them. Both should be able to handle .txz files.

SirDice said:
Use WinZIP or WinRAR to extract them. Both should be able to handle .txz files.

I know how to extract txz, but I did not find the src.txz for 8.3-REL anywhere. Thanks for helping.

Back