BCM43225 Setup

Hello all,

I have a question. I have a Broadcom BCM43225 and I have been trying to get NDIS to work with the windows driver which apparently I can't do at this moment because the inf is bcmwl6.inf and NDIS only supports bcmwl5.inf. Dose anyone know of a bcmwl5.inf that will load the BCM43225 drivers? I don't mind having wireless on my laptop at the moment since it's a server but I would like to use FreeBSD for a desktop as well if I can get the wireless to work.

I am finally getting around to it and now I am getting this error in the dmesg output:

Code:
dark-knight# dmesg | tail -2
KLD bcmwl564_sys.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version mismatch
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type

On the plus side I am way further then I just was at in trying to get my wireless working. Now need to try to figure out what is causing this error.

Here is my history. Also there was no errors when I ran the ndisgen on the bcmwl5.inf bcmwl564.sys. I am using a SMP and FreeBSD amd64.

Code:
dark-knight# history | tail -6
    97  3:06    ndisgen bcmwl5.inf bcmwl564.sys
    98  3:06    cp bcmwl564_sys.ko /boot/modules/
    99  3:06    kldload bcmwl564_sys
   100  3:08    dmesg | tail -2
   101  14:13   logout
   102  14:13   history
   103  14:13   history | tail -6

So I guess you're on amd64. If base NDISulator doesn't work, I suggest you try the one from the link I posted.

I noticed something else is the error. I did not see before

Code:
KLD if_ndis.ko: depends on ndisapi - not available or version mismatch
KLD bcmwl564.ko: depends on ndis - not available or version mismatch

This might have been helpful.

Your /usr/src might be newer (or older) than your installed system. They should always match each other. Try again after synchronizing them.

avilla@ said:
You might want to try this if the NDISulator in base doesn't work: https://github.com/richardpl/ndisulator.

In both cases, you'll have problems on amd64 with SMP (I have to set kern.smp.disabled=1 on loader prompt to avoid panices).

For your information, latest Git revision seems to have addressed SMP problems too. I'm now stressing it to see if I get a panic, but it appears to have made great progresses. That is/was my last problem: if it's fixed, I'll have fully working WLAN for the first time since I bought this laptop. And you will, too.

I had to go back to Linux (CentOS) and now I am using FreeBSD in KVM. I'll put in my spare HD and attempt again with the latest GIT and see what happens. Also it seemed that my /usr/src was out of date.

Back