Proftpd jail chroot after update

Hi everybody,

I have some problems with proftpd-mysql in my jail environment. After upgrading from ports to 1.3.3g I can't get the server working. When I start my service I can't log with any user even though everything was configured properly cause it worked before upgrade. I checked logs and found a system error complaining about chroot:

Code:
Jan 06 09:41:30 <host> proftpd[59138] <addr>: Preparing to chroot to directory '/usr/home/ftp/anonymous'
Jan 06 09:41:30 <host> proftpd[59138] <addr>: error: FreeBSD with vulnerable chroot (FreeBSD-SA-11:07.chroot)
Jan 06 09:41:30 <host> proftpd[59138] <addr>: chroot to '/usr/home/ftp/anonymous' failed for user 'ftp': Operation not permitted
Jan 06 09:41:30 <host> proftpd[59138] <addr>: error: unable to set anonymous privileges
I checked out UPDATING and followed steps to update sources to STABLE branch, recompiled world, kernel and all ports. I'm using ezjail so I ran ezjail-admin update -i and then started jail again but the problem still occurs. I've been told that there's a workaround to disable chroot but it's my production system and I shouldn't let others see server's folder structure.

Any help would be appreciated.

What version of FreeBSD are you running? Post the output of $ uname -a

Code:
FreeBSD <host> 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #4: Wed Jan  4 12:43:13 CET 2012     
root@<host>:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/dCustom  i386

I did all of this above and it didn't work. I tried patching kernel and even copying libc.so from main system to jail without any success. Guess it's not a kernel or system error.

I have the same Issue on this version:
Code:
FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE #0: Sat Oct 29 12:38:29 CEST 2011

dweet said:
Guess it's not a kernel or system error.
As far as I can tell the check is done by proftpd itself. The error probably would need to be fixed upstream.

Back