p5-postgresql-plperl

I'm having trouble updating p5-postgresql-plperl. I then uninstalled it and tried a fresh install.

Code:
cetus-root@/usr/ports/databases# cd p5-postgresql-plperl
cetus-root@/usr/ports/databases/p5-postgresql-plperl# make config
===> No options to configure
cetus-root@/usr/ports/databases/p5-postgresql-plperl# make install clean
===>  Building for postgresql-plperl-8.4.9_2
gmake: Nothing to be done for `symlinks'.
"/usr/local/bin/perl" /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.12.4/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.12.4/ExtUtils/typemap SPI.xs >SPI.c
Undefined subroutine &ExtUtils::ParseXS::errors called at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.12.4/ExtUtils/xsubpp line 41.
gmake: *** [SPI.c] Error 255
gmake: *** Deleting file `SPI.c'
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/p5-postgresql-plperl.
cetus-root@/usr/ports/databases/p5-postgresql-plperl#

I have this issue on two servers. Both running version 8.1. I seem to recall updating perl from 5.10 to 5.12 with no issues over the past summer. Could this be related to that? I followed the instructions on upgrading in /usr/ports/UPDATING (20100715).

Hm?

~Doug

Hi Doug,

you probably have xsubpp installed by two different packages (one from the Perl 5.12) and one from ports or through CPAN. That was at least why I did have the problem. The one from the Perl package uses the module installed later on and this one have a different interface. The fast solution is to change ExtUtils::ParseXS::errors to ExtUtils::ParseXS::report_error_count in /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.12.4/ExtUtils/xsubpp.

Martin

Back