rename tab in KDE 4.6.1 broken or change?

Hi

After updating KDE to 4.6.1 version, I can not put the name of a tab in konsole application. I see now "Rename tab" dialog with some title format for local or remote session. Also wondering how the %h pattern works for the remote host - I can see only points when session have ssh.

Please, elaborate on this. I noticed no differences between 4.5 and 4.6.
About remote tabs name, there is simply no support for FreeBSD. One day we'll probably have to add it, but anyone is welcome to submit patches.

I still don't understand. Anyway we ship only vanilla software, so the change - if any - was in KDE.

Hm. On the screenshot, i have one tab which name "make" - at the bottom of konsole. In previous version i did double-click on the tab and could give any name to this. Now when you double click I see this dialog, which does not allow to write any name and offers only the output format

avilla@ said:
Did you try writing random data? It should work.

Yes. However doesn't work - now too on the second machine with FreeBSD/KDE 4.6.1. Ок, probably it is necessary to wait feedback from other people, probably it is my local problem

This is how things work now in KDE SC 4.6.1, I believe. As this is the same behaviour I see on my Kubuntu 10.10 box and my Arch Linux box, both running KDE 4.6.0 and 4.6.1.

Double-click on the tab to bring up the "Rename Tab - Konsole" dialog. This dialog has two separate input fields, one for local processes and one for remote processes.

You can clear the local field (Tab title format) and then just type whatever you want into it. Clicking OK will set the name of the tab to that text. If you connect to a remote system via SSH, the tab name will change.

If you absolutely want the tab name to remain the same at all times, then enter the same text into box fields.

I apologize for my stupidity - actually replace pattern puts a name). Thank to avilla and phoenix especially for the light). How do I switch this thread to "solved" status?

PS: I understood why I did not work - when I first entered any name in the Tab title format - (it did not work) I have ssh session. So "Remote pattern" overrides my local input. When konsole have ssh you must enter in second (Remote) field.

Back