can not log into Gnome

Hi!

As the title says, I can't log into Gnome by GDM.
I get the following error:
Code:
freebsd gnome-keyring-daemon[1965]: couldn't allocate secure memory to keep passwords and or keys from being written to the disk
What happens:
I type my password, hit 'Enter', the screen goes black and after 2 seconds my screen shows me GDM again.

A week ago I had to exchange my old mainboard by a new one:
old: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P:Chipset: AMD 770/SB710
new: Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3:Chipset AMD 870/SB850

The problem occured and I kept tryin to log in and finally once it worked, but never since. I read some threads about others complaining about that error-message, but they all still seemed to be able to log into Gnome, despite that error.

Maybe this issue is associated with changing the mainboard (since then the network isnt working reliable, too, and sometimes the system just hangs while starting).

Unfortunately I have not got enough experience to solve this. I appreciate any suggestions that get me back to using Gnome, so I can solve all the other issues.

edit: I can now log into gnome by using
Code:
startx
, but the network isnt working.
Code:
/etc/rc.d/netif restart
and
Code:
/etc/rc.d/routing restart
starts my network, but thats all kinda weird, since it used to work flawlessly before changing the hardware. Do I have to do something to tell the system about my new hardware?

Another error-message while loggin into Gnome through GDM:
Code:
freebsd gdm-session-worker[1821]: gkr-pam: couldn't get the user name: conversation failure

Pluribootent said:
As the title says, I can't log into Gnome by GDM.
I get the following error:
Code:
freebsd gnome-keyring-daemon[1965]: couldn't allocate secure memory to keep passwords and or keys from being written to the disk
Ignore it. Everybody gets that one.

Make sure /proc (see procfs(5)) is mounted and both hald and dbus are running.

You get the most important information from ~/.xsession-errors, in cases when password is correct and no session appears.

Also.. what type of session did you select? What is inside your ~/.xinitrc?

Thanks a lot, nakal!

Libassuan shared library was missing or something like that. So I reinstalled seahorse-plugins and it is working fine now.

Thanks again.

Back