problems with wifi

I have a notebook with the board realtek 8191se

in Linux and windows I had to install the driver that is on site

but not found on FreeBSD, have any solutions?

applicable which would be good to use to scan their networks on FreeBSD?

in the slackware/linux I use wicd, have a similar on FreeBSD?

There are Realtek wireless drivers already, at least on FreeBSD 8, and they are compiled into the kernel already.

I don't know about wireless managers (I use the command line, see ifconfig manpage).

Check that the interface is running or not with this command:
[cmd=]ifconfig[/cmd]

Good Luck!

in fact, there realtek driver for FreeBSD, but is not compatible with the model 8191SE

I converted the windows driver in FreeBSD, the driver tried to "windows7-64" and "win64"

windows-64 did not work
win64 crashed the system, as I already had put it in /boot/modules it was loading at boot, and the system crashed on boot

$ ifconfig only shows the interface "re0" and "lo"

You are right, re0 is your ethernet interface, means that the kernel is not recogizing your wireless card.

About which driver to use with NDIS wrapper, I recommend using windows xp version for compatibility, I don't know if there is 32 bit compatibility on 64 bit systems (I suppose you're on a 64-bit architecture), but try win32 drivers.

I tried doing this yesterday but did not work

may have to wait for version 9

the LED is not lit, even pressing the FN+F3 "is so active in wireless in my notebook"

to enable and disable wifi, have to press the FN+F3

I always leave it enabled on boot, but still did not work

After much trying, I installed FreeBSD i386. The link, both the 8191 and 8192 are compatible with i386

I did the procedure on that link

I edited the /boot/loader.conf
Code:
ndis_load = "YES"
if_ndis_load = "YES"

But whenever I load the driver the kernel panics.

Loading driver from /boot/loader.conf DOES NOT WORK, never worked and will never work.

Never use /boot/loader.conf for loading ndis drivers.

If panic happens after kldload(8) give backtrace/textdump/something useful to fix bug.

douglasfim said:
I loaded the driver with kldload. The solution is to recompile the kernel?

Are you using 8.2 RELEASE? Older RELEASES (like 8.1) have bugs even on i386.

What is displayed in console after kldload?
Give at least picture of panic.

You can also test code from here: https://github.com/richardpl/NDISulator

Download stable branch and read/follow instructions in README and wiki.

usb

you can consider adding a usb wireless card. it works in my computer.

the screen freezes

unfortunately I can not test the Hints and not show the error, the source of my laptop burned, the source is already under warranty, I'll test soon

I thought about buying a wireless card, but do not know which is better, pcmcia or usb

I found this card PCMCIA D-link Dwa-645 N, but do not know if it works on FreeBSD

which model do you recommend?

Back