WINE run problem (ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found)

Well, I've installed wine by source, all has gone ok, but running wine with no args this issue appear:
Code:
ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
Abort

Googleing I found that issue arises because The maximum hard-limit data size (kern.maxdsiz) is too big (over about 1GB). As suggested, I've set kern.maxdsiz=805306368 to /boot/loader.conf. I rebooted my laptop, I've verified parameter changed, but wine still does not work, with same error message.

Any suggests?
SYS

Does that file actually exist? It should:

Code:
dice@molly:~>ll /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  220020 Feb  8 10:41 /libexec/ld-elf.so.1

reinstalled all again, but it doesnt change anything. I have freebsd8 I think could be a bug this, because non sense, library does exist, is located into /libexec and in /usr/lib, WTF! any library path not set? any other parameter? try to spread hen blood around my laptop? ^_^

sysman said:
yes that's it.

Okay, keeping in mind that precision is important, please go back and tell us specifically what you have done to install wine. It sounds like you may have installed from source without the port, or maybe installed a Linux rpm, and then the port.

I've startover again.
This time I've installed wine from PKG [CMD="pkg_add -r wine"][/CMD], same problem still occour:
Code:
Abort

library is present.

Damn!

Please give some background. What version of FreeBSD? i386 or amd64?
Have you built a custom kernel?

i386, Freebsd 8.0release-P2. Custom kernel of course, but with no invasive (I guess, for wine) modifies. In attach my kernel conf file.

Attachments

• kernel.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 453
Just for curiosity, how many of you use wine on freebsd without any issue in runtime? And if there someone, how have installed wine? what are mandatory system conf requirement for install and use it? I mean linux comp configuration or kernel conf, or something else..

SYS

So, nobody? I was wondering if could be good thing put this problem into bugs section, at least related on freebsd8.0 or somewhere else.

sysman said:
Just for curiosity, how many of you use wine on freebsd without any issue in runtime? And if there someone, how have installed wine? what are mandatory system conf requirement for install and use it? I mean linux comp configuration or kernel conf, or something else..

wine-1.2.r3,1
FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE i386 as of 2010-06-11
custom kernel, but mostly just removed unneeded devices, nothing added for Wine
2G RAM, kern.maxdsiz="734003200" in /boot/loader.conf

It just works. No problems. No dependencies on Linux. We still haven't seen exactly what you did when installing Wine. The ld-elf.so.1 error might mean a wrong package or something screwed up on your system.

If you've done any manual softlinking of libraries to "fix" missing versions, remove them and fix the problem by rebuilding ports or system. Run pkg_libchk from sysutils/bsdadminscripts to check for problems.

Here's how I installed Wine:
# cd /usr/ports/emulators/wine
# make config
Leave default or to duplicate mine, turn on hal and libxslt.
# make install clean

libchk show me these missing libs:
Code:
diablo-jre-1.6.0.07.02_8: /usr/local/diablo-jre1.6.0/bin/unpack200 misses libz.so.4
diablo-jre-1.6.0.07.02_8: /usr/local/diablo-jre1.6.0/lib/i386/libJdbcOdbc.so misses libodbcinst.so
diablo-jre-1.6.0.07.02_8: /usr/local/diablo-jre1.6.0/lib/i386/libJdbcOdbc.so misses libodbc.so
gcc-4.4.5.20100518: /usr/local/libexec/gcc44/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd8.0/4.4.5/cc1 misses libmpfr.so.3
gcc-4.4.5.20100518: /usr/local/libexec/gcc44/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd8.0/4.4.5/cc1plus misses libmpfr.so.3
gcc-4.4.5.20100518: /usr/local/libexec/gcc44/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd8.0/4.4.5/f951 misses libmpfr.so.3
graphviz-2.26.3_3: /usr/local/lib/graphviz/perl/libgv_perl.so misses libperl.so

what should do I before?

sysman said:
libchk show me these missing libs:
Code:
diablo-jre-1.6.0.07.02_8: /usr/local/diablo-jre1.6.0/bin/unpack200 misses libz.so.4
diablo-jre-1.6.0.07.02_8: /usr/local/diablo-jre1.6.0/lib/i386/libJdbcOdbc.so misses libodbcinst.so
diablo-jre-1.6.0.07.02_8: /usr/local/diablo-jre1.6.0/lib/i386/libJdbcOdbc.so misses libodbc.so
gcc-4.4.5.20100518: /usr/local/libexec/gcc44/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd8.0/4.4.5/cc1 misses libmpfr.so.3
gcc-4.4.5.20100518: /usr/local/libexec/gcc44/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd8.0/4.4.5/cc1plus misses libmpfr.so.3
gcc-4.4.5.20100518: /usr/local/libexec/gcc44/gcc/i386-portbld-freebsd8.0/4.4.5/f951 misses libmpfr.so.3
graphviz-2.26.3_3: /usr/local/lib/graphviz/perl/libgv_perl.so misses libperl.so

what should do I before?

Some dependencies on old libraries that have been updated in 8-stable... and libperl.so is missing! And mpfr is missing or has been updated, but not gcc which is dependent on it.

All right, let's try the easiest stuff first. Change your /boot/loader.conf
to kern.maxdsiz="734003200" and restart. Does it change the error?

currently I'm performing an update of gettext with relatives dependencies, after that I'll perform a full update. Anyway, I dont guess those missed libs are causing wine malfunction, if I dont get wrong, they are not related to wine...but this I'll see when I'll do next updates. About kern.maxdsiz, I had set it to "805306368" that was (probably) right, but issues still persist anyway, so I decided to lower it to 50%less but no positive results achieved.

Was this problem fixed?
Right now I am also getting the very same error message on a fresh 9-CURRENT with a fresh wine.

I'm also running into this issue. I've tried a few different values for kern.maxdsiz (currently 734003200). I also tried more combinations without rebooting using:
Code:
limits -d `echo "1024*1024*5" | bc` winecfg
(I assume this does the same thing?)

Anyways, I've had no success. I followed the guide at http://wiki.freebsd.org/Wine and I am receiving the same errors as everyone else:
Code:
Abort trap: 6

I did however try to just run programs from within the chroot environment and it seems to be working. I installed Starcraft from an iso, patched it and played single player briefly with no issues. I'm not sure if this is the optimal solution though.

I know this is an old thread, but I ran into a similar problem.
Make sure you have the 32-bit libraries installed, as mentioned in https://cooltrainer.org/a-freebsd-desktop-howto/#wine:

If every wine command fails with ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found your 64-bit system is missing the 32-bit libraries necessary for Wine. You’ll need to install them. From the releases FTP, grab the lib32.txz matching your version of the OS and extract it either as root or with sudo to the root of your filesystem to install.

That worked for me.

Back