ethernet & xorg problem on acer aspire 4740G

i just bought this notebook,when trying to configure the xorg,it failed because of the xorg cann't detect automaticly the screen resolution & refresh rate also the the card Nvidia G310M,i am quite new on configuring xorg,somehow the ethernet is not detected :(,only the wireless and loopback address(you can see in attached dmesg.log),the system spec :
Acer Aspire 4740G-432G50Mn
Intel® Core™ i5-430M Processor (2.27 GHz, Cache 3 MB)
Chipset Intel HM55
2 GB DDR3 SDRAM PC-8500
NVIDIA GeForce G310M 512 MB
Display Size 14" WXGA LED
Display Max. Resolution 1366 x 768
CrystalBrite LED
3rd Generation Dolby® Surround Sound
500 GB Serial ATA 5400 RPM
DVD±RW
Networking Integrated
Network Speed 10 / 100 Mbps
Wireless Network Type Integrated
Wireless Network Protocol IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n
SD, MMC, Memory Stick / Stick PRO, xD-Picture Card
3x USB 2.0, VGA, LAN, Audio

dmesg and my xorg.conf attached below,any help appreciated, thanks for reading :)

Attachments

• log.zip
    9 KB · Views: 207
resolved the xorg issue with installing nvidia driver for amd64,just run nvidia-xconfig,don't forget to make and edit .xinitrc , forgot to added,how to trace from dmesg which audio and ethernet chipset do i use?

I have a laptop 4740g too. What do you mean by "edit .xinitrc"? And can you use visual effects? I can not use any visual effects. I want to play with Compiz. Please help. What should I do to enable visual effects?

[ entirely rewritten in proper English with punctuation - no sms/txt language on these forums. Try it! - Mod. ]

killer said:
I have a laptop 4740g too. What do you mean by "edit .xinitrc"? And can you use visual effects? I can not use any visual effects. I want to play with Compiz. Please help. What should I do to enable visual effects?

[ entirely rewritten in proper English with punctuation - no sms/txt language on these forums. Try it! - Mod. ]

I was following these guide : http://rhyous.com/2009/12/18/how-to-install-and-configure-a-freebsd-8-desktop-with-xorg-and-kde/ ,afaik .xinitrc basically is a xorg init script to automatically run xorg whenever user logon,i haven't tried far enough to enabled the visual effect but if you want plug and play solution try pc-bsd it has xorg and visual effect configured for you which is works after you install the nvidia driver(i tried it myself).

For now i stopped using freebsd for a while until the NetLink BCM57780 included on official release,there was some problem when i tried to do manual patching and in the time of i need fast solution i tried opensuse(2 weeks,didn't like it),for now i am on windows 7 until the driver for the ethernet included(probably on 8.1?9.0?)or you could tried again to patch it yourself as myself also a newbie in bsd :).

Back