gnome-settings-daemon doesn't work

Code:
bsd% /usr/local/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon 

** (gnome-settings-daemon:59891): WARNING **: Failed to get session for pid: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.GeneralError: Unable to lookup session information for process '59891'

** (gnome-settings-daemon:59891): WARNING **: Failed to get session for pid: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Manager.GeneralError: Unable to lookup session information for process '59891'

(gnome-settings-daemon:59891): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to get edid: unable to get EDID for output

(gnome-settings-daemon:59891): color-plugin-WARNING **: failed to create device: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.ColorManager.Failed: failed to obtain org.freedesktop.color-manager.create-device auth
[1343230241,000,xklavier.c:xkl_engine_start_listen/] 	The backend does not require manual layout management - but it is provided by the application
[xcb] Too much data requested from _XRead
[xcb] This is most likely caused by a broken X extension library
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
Assertion failed: (!xcb_xlib_too_much_data_requested), function _XRead, file xcb_io.c, line 735.
zsh: abort      /usr/local/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon

This is GNOME3 in marcuscom.
I'm a newbie so... I googled but found nothing. Anyone helps? Thanks!

If you are a newbie why are you trying to run experimental stuff? Stick to the standard things until you know how things work.

Please note that Gnome 3 is a work in progress, it's not officially in the ports and therefor may or may not work.

GNOME 3.4 is broke. It won't be merged into FreeBSD ports tree until it's stable. Keep in mind, there are only two people (kwm and me) work on it but I have stopped work on GNOME 3 and focus on MATE instead. Because I totally hate GNOME 3! When? No idea, it is going to take very long time until more people help us.

Back