ZFS Panic on import/mount with 10.1-RELEASE

I have a 60T pool that causes FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE to panic upon importing or mounting unless it's done via readonly, see the attached file. This pool functions normally with:

Code:
FreeBSD reaper 10.0-STABLE FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #0 r269071: Thu Jul 24 10:47:30 MDT 2014     root@reaper:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM  amd64
Does anyone have any suggestions as I don't have another 60T array sitting around. :D

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 332
How much RAM is in the machine? And is it possible to add more?

Also, if you edit /boot/loader.conf to limit the ARC to half the physical memory in the machine, does it import correctly?

And, were you doing any deletes, destroys, or similar before the kernel-panic-imports started?

It's maxed out at 24 GB of memory. I'll try your suggestion on limiting the ARC tonight to see if it resolves anything.

The first panic was when I tried to boot into FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE upon mounting the file systems. I can reboot back into 10.0-STABLE r269071 and export/import/mount without any issues. I also performed a full scrub of the file system and it didn't return any errors.

Hi,

We also have issues with zpool import on a system with 130 disks. In 10.1 Releng and custom kernel, doing zpool import with no arguments will cause the system to reboot immediately. If we try to import a pool it works fine.

Back